What kind of "games" can I play with my one month old?

I would like some suggestions of games I can play or things I can do with my one month old to stimulate his learning about the world and to bond with him. Things to make him smile or help him learn to hold his head up more and things to make him wiggle and move and play. :)

AllieWilliams

Asked by AllieWilliams at 11:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• peek a boo
    Anonymous

• Reading to him, singing and talking. A one month olds main function is to sleep and eat so they can grow, there isn't a need to be too worried about stimulation- going from the closed, warm, dark space of the uterus to the noisy, sensation filled place we live in is a huge amount of stimulation to adjust to.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 11:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think it's really great that you're looking for more ways to have fun with your little one. MomNtheRes is right though, to a one month old, the world is stimulation enough. If you try too much, it'll actually be stressful to them and upset them. Things you can do to help him with his motor skills are laying a blanket out for tummy time. You can lay down with him to try to encourage him to look towards you or up at you. Honestly just looking around is fun enough for him. If you sit him in a boppy or infant chair and sit about a foot or two away from him, he should be able to see you pretty well. You could try a game of peek-a-boo even though it may still be a little soon for that. Just talking to him should entertain him enough. He loves your voice and your familiar face. :]

And don't worry, in 2 or 3 months you'll be able to have a lot more fun with him! Especially when he's able to sit up on his own!
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• singing, talking, funny faces
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• at that age just talk to him a lot and read to him
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Tummy time! And just talk to him a lot.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i absolutely love tummy time.... my DS has improved so much since starting tummy time...
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 6:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011