Small painful red bumps on my fingers!?

this started about a month or so ago i noticed i would get a small bump on my finger and it would hurt if i touched it, kind of like a small sliver, and it was red. after a day or so it wouldn't be red anymore, nor would it hurt. but the bump was still there. after a few days the bumps go away but i'm still getting them on other fingers and now i have two near my knuckle (above) that are a little bigger than the bumps on my fingers.

they dont itch, theyre just a little painful the first day or two

are they warts? what in the world is goin on! i dont want my kids to get them from me! :/

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like herpectic whitlow. Doesn't itch just sore to the touch and comes and goes. Note the times that it happens and if you were under any kind of stress at the time. It is associated with HS1. You should consult with an infectious disease specialist if that is the case. On the hand it could be allergic to something. Is there any way you could've come in contact with insulation? Like does your DH work around insulation in attics and maybe it gets on his clothes? And I'm assuming you're married. Might be wrong as you did not say.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Some type of rash or allergic reaction? I don't think it's warts. I got something similar on the inside of my palms/fingers once but I later realized it was from using too much instant hand santizer lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• its not itchy soi dont think its dyshidrosis/pompholyx.
    idk what it woudl be that im allergic to :/ i use lotion all the time but ive been using it forever and i would assume it would be more sever if it were an allergy plus i use that lotion all over mybody
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• @ddway haha naw im not married but no one i know works with insulation. but i think its herpectic whitlow like you said. i used to get a bump on my index finger that was much bigger than these but it was like a blister of clear liquid and it was very painful and a dr told me once it was a viral infectin or something. and these bumps look kind of like the picture but not as severe. im going to research this. thank you for your help!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Sounds like Pompholyx (also called Dyshidrosis)
    http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/pompholyx.html
    Some of the pics are of more severe cases. Maybe google for more info and pics.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2011