I just HAVE to complains about my SIL to someone !!!!!!

My brothers wife ( and soon to be his daughter's mother ) drives us absolutely batty !

My mom and I try EXTRA hard to try and atleast have some sort of relationship with her... well actually we try EXTRA hard to just have a decent conversation with her....

We ignored everyone when they first started dating, when they all told us to get my brother away from her because everyone who knows her says she was crazy. But when we first met her we thought she was so sweet we thought they were the crazy ones, but of course WE were proved wrong.

He actually realized how crazy she was once she got him fired from THREE jobs, he ended it, but a few months later, they ran into each other and well, she ended up pregnant.

We prayed so hard she would start acting different ( atleast for the baby's sake) , but she is worse.

Now I have tons and tons of stories , but I am going to focus on today.

My brother is in the military and is being sent out tonight. Me and my parents ( and my kids ) went to go see him, and we were suppose to take him out to dinner... well we got there and she was ignoring us, she wouldnt sit in the same room, and when she was around us she would talk on the cell phone ( which is ok, but rude) , my brother was talking about the restraunt he wanted to go to and then she told him to go in the house... 125 mintues later he said she didnt feel good so they had to stay there...

We stayed awhile longer then so we could still see him before he left.... about 30 minutes later she let it slip that she made plans for them to go with friends out to dinner.. ( which made us mad that my brother wouldnt stick up to her on that ) ...

So we were all sitting around and he asked me and my mom how they should place their furniture in the living room ( they just moved in ) , because he couldnt put his new recliner chair in there the way the couches were sitting ( one was in front of the fireplace) ... so we came up with several options, all the while she is rolling her eyes, she then yells " we are not putting that freaking chair in here" .... ( it is sitting in their basement that gets water in it, so it wont be long before the new chair is ruined... also it isnt like she doesnt want it up there for decorating reasons, it is obvious it is just because he wants it up there ) ....

Shrotly after that my mom is still trying to be nice and tells her if she gets scared while he is gone she can come over and stay or she can come over or soemthing.... ..well she laughs and says " no that is what my friends are for" and then goes on and on about how it is the 3rd anniversary of her very best friends brothers suicide so her friend is staying with her so she wont be a mess.... BUT the problem with this is, 2 weeks ago she gave me this same story when I asked if she wanted to go to lunch, except then it was the 5th anniversary of the suicide... she has also given my mom the same story but at that time she said 6th year.

Fianally beofre we left she showed us the baby room -- which is a room that you cannot open the door because it is filled with boxes ( baby is due in 2 months and the only things she has is what we have bought and she hasnt returned yet) .... she showed us the border and I said " oh that is cute and it will look really nice with the light pink color" ( which is what she told me she was going to paint) so she says " Oh no i am doing purple" .. So i said " well that will be really pretty too" , and in the same breath she says" oh, well I think i am just going to get rid of this and get a different border, i dont really like it anymore"..

I dont know, these things might not sound that bad to some, but just added to everything else she has done makes me crazy !!! and I constantly feel bad for my brother and that baby !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• im in a similar situation and omg i feel for you. mine sil isn't that bad, but it just sucks when you feel like someone steals away your brother and acts like they own them and you can't do anything about it, it just hurts so much. and i hate when she treats my family like total shit and no one stands up to her about it and she just continues like th eworld revolves around her. i hate it. i feel like she ruined my family.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately we can not pick partners for those we love, and we have to try to accept who they choose, often in laws do not get along, it goes back through the ages.......I would find a way where you can keep a relationship with your brother and limit your interaction with her for a while, maybe she will start to realize she may need to bend a little and make some effort with you guys, maybe you trying to be nice to her is exactly what she is feeding from, if I was you I would stop trying to be so nice and just be more straight to the point with her, I am guessing you wont need to see her much while your brother is away so I would take a step back from her then and when you do see her be courteous but not overly nice and see how that goes.....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yeah.. it feels like you cannot do anything to help him...

and it isnt like I assumed my brother wouldnt be completely wrapped up in his new family -- he should be....

but he actually said one time he " has to listen to her so she wont run away with the baby"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Wow thats pretty rude i dont really have much advise to offer but does she seem like shes gonna be a good mother? I hate to say this but it sounds like shes trying to use ur brother for his money but then again if she was trying to do that u think she would be nice to the whole family.....If shes a bad mother or doesnt care mabe ur brother or one of ur family members should get custody of the baby since ur brother is in military u said?idk just some ideas bc i dont know whole story...sorrry i couldnt be of more help :(
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Oh yeah we definatly think it is because of the money.... he got a large sum of money from the military last year.... she spent it ALL ( well except $40) within 1 MONTH !!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i hear ya. trust me i do.. my brothers future wife is a nut case too.. if you want, inbox me and we can vent about it lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2011