Interesting dilemma

How do you let go of someone that you love on so many levels?

My BFF/BFFWB for two years and I are at a crossroads. Unfortunately, I have manifested more feelings for him than he has for me... Although, thus far he has not been interested in "dating" anyone, all of the sudden while camping this weekend... he met someone that he's interested in.

Now I'm hurt, and it's devestating because there is something that tells me to hang on to him with all my might....

He is my best friend and I want to be there to support him and help him through the tough times (as I have been through the last two years... we have been through some tough s*it too). I don't want to walk away from him, but at the same time, it's very hard to imagine him with another woman. I only want him, but he doesn't reciprocate... however, I've been told that he loves me with all his heart and that he knows that we would be perfect together, but it's not enough.

What to do?

mmiller1980

Asked by mmiller1980 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he is trying to be nice to you. You have to decide for yourself to either grin and bear it or tell him you need to take a step back and clear your head. Neither is easy, but at least if you step back you will be true to yourself and him, instead of lying to both.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 11:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yeah, that's essentially what I have been trying to convince my heart. It's really hard to override what's in your heart. I love him to death and would do anything for him, and he knows that... I've spoiled him for 2 years. Something tells me that I'm supposed to be with him... it's just a matter of getting him on the same page. I've told him that I can't get in if he doesn't open the door a little for me.
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• There was a guy I loved sooooo freaking much but he was married. So I stayed his friend. And guess what? 8 long ass years later he got divorced and now I am married to him.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• So hanging on can work....
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Go find a guy and see how h likes it. Men sometimes really suck at the mind game thing. Make him see what he would be losing. Even if you never got serious with this other person. This guy is basicaly stabbing you in teh heart and your just letting him. Show him what he will be missing girl!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I know that's what I need to do. I've been there to take care of him for so long, that I don't think he knows what he would be missing. Maybe that is exactly what I need to do... It's hard to do though.
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2011