International money order

How do I cash it? Navy Fed won't and walmart won't. It's from a bank called scotiabank. It's under $100 so how can I cash it? I also am a member of wells fargo but they aren't open till monday and I would like an answer asap as this money is for a purchase.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 12:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Who sent it to you? I would take it to my bank and deposit it,, there is probably going to be no way to cash it without going to one of those check cashing places that will charge you a hefty fee.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• How did you come across this money order? I would first try tonverify it's legitimacy before trying to cash it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i got it from a customer who has his first grandchild and he is very excited
    wanted some of the booties I knit ok so I can go to wells fargo and just deposite it into my bank account?
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes, you can deposit it into your checking account but I would make sure that it clears first before you spend the money. Is the money order for the exact amount that he owes you?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes just deposit it, or you will pay out the nose in fees, don't be suprised if they put a hold on it, but for less than $100 they may not..
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You will need to take it to a bank. Be prepared for it to be fraudulent.

Despite the fees, paypal is MUCH safer than money orders.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• well he was going to send me a personal check I suggested a money order so both of us would be safe. I don't think it's fraudulent but we'll see.
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011