Be back when the street lights come on

Were you told this growing up?
I remember getting in trouble so many times for not following this rule lol

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 12:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ha Ha! I knew if I wasnt on that porch, opening the front door when the streetlights came on my mom was going to get IN MY ASS!!! lol....I forgot all about that! lol...thanx for bringing back some good memories =D
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yep me too. Are we dating ourselves?

whistling

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Nope. We lived in the country and there were no street lights. ;-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Lol oh yea my parents were the same way. If my mama had to come looking for us that means Our ass was grass lolol. Yes those were the days and I will probably be doing the same with mine too lol
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We never went that far away and we were home after dinner ...back in the 1950;s because most of the parents wanted their kids home at night anyway. I was the same with my kids. I always wanted to know where they were and they were at home after dinner.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We never strayed that far either. We were around the neighborhood.
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I had to be home before that. I had a watch and was given a time before supper when I had to be home.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Not really. We just knew we needed to be home around dinner time. When we were little (8-12 years old) we didn't really wander so far my mom couldn't just shout out the door for us. We were usually on the block, down the street at the park or over in the school parking lot.
    My aunt used to whistle at 5pm and everyone in the neighborhood knew it was time to go home for dinner.
    I tried to be home when the street lights come on with my kids but they come on at 7pm and it's still daylight out so the kids wouldn't notice so I'd have to go to the park and get them anyway. Now they stay out until it starts to gets dark (here that's around 9pm right now) in the summer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• That was the rule in my house growing up. We used to ride our bikes all over the neighborhood and if we weren't home when those lights came on momma would grab our arms and whoop our butts!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011