Brown recluse spider?

I believe that I may have seen a brown recluse spider in my bathroom? I'm not positive though. I have such a fear of spiders that even looking at the pictures on the internet freaks me out!
I have some sort of a bite on me, it has been very itchy and has gotten red all around the bite- it looks like a rash.
Should I be worried?
I also have a 10 month old in the home. I don't see any bites on him, but should I be worried about him also?
(I do live in the midwest where these spiders are located).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• The brown recluse spider has a fiddle shape on its back. If it does bite you the pain is very severe and you have to get treated immediately as your skin begins to die and it spreads. The larger it spreads the more damage it does. It will look like a bad infection.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The bump will look like a bulls eye. red bump and ring. I got bit by one 3 times and it was PAINFUL. We used tea tree oil and hot wash cloths. If they are in your house you need to call someone and have them spray your home. Those spiders could do a lot of damage. There has been people that had a huge areas eaten away from the poison from the spider.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• if you are worried you may have been bite by a brown recluse get to the Dr. asap!
    Aranna

Answer by Aranna at 1:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Sorry for the grammar errors! I just get freaked out remembering what I went through!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We have them here and while their bites are nasty they aren't always as bad as made out to be. You need to seek treatment if the skin changes color, is hot to the touch, starts to ooze, or is super red and painful, but especially if it starts to turn black or dark in any way. Otherwise us a really, really hot pack to suck out the venom. I LOATHE spiders, I am terrified of all of them, but because I am, I have read a lot about all of them. ;o) Also Benadryl helps.
    jandshyne

Answer by jandshyne at 1:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2011