Effacement and Dialation question. adult content

I am 38 weeks, 2 cm's dilated, and 70% effaced, I have this snot like discharge and was wondering if it was my mucus plug? It's been coming out for like a week now. Do you think labor is soon? Sense I am almost all the way effaced, and dilating would "home Remedies" work to speed up the labor process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could go into labor in a few days or another week or two really. Have you had any contractions yet?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes, but they wont say regular. I keep having these twinge like pains as well
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Your mucus increases at the very end. Sounds like you are getting close but every body is different! Gl mama you are almost there
    KRob85

Answer by KRob85 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• This reminds me of my first one. I had contractions for a week but they never felt strong, never felt like they were doing much so I finally asked to be induced, partly because my family has a history of fast labor and delivery and I do now too which I figured I would. But when the doctor checked me he was happy and sent me straight to the hospital to be induced because I was 100% effaced and 3 cm dilated. So, we were ready. I just needed stronger contractions and I didn't even get the full inducing treatment. The labor and delivery took 9 hours that time. So, you're almost there. I've heard that walking helps a lot of women, you might want to give that a try.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It'll probably be Time within the next 4 weeks.
    Why do you want to speed up the process?
    Obviously your body knows what to do.
    Forcing things along won't make your baby be ready any sooner though.

It is already happening, as it's supposed to, gradually.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2011