Is it normal for poop.... adult content

Is it normal for poop to be black smell bad and be kinda sticky, but yet constipated after a c-section?? I was on Iron supplements before i had baby. surgery went fine. i got my tubes tied at the same time, any info will be helpful, my doc gets back on tuesday and i would like to see him if possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• Yep..especially if you are on painkillers. Also you were given narcotics during your c-section in the anesthetic. Drink plenty of fluids, eat fiber, etc. If you were prescribed a stool softener, take it!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i am on percoset and ibuprofen. they did not prescribe me stool softeners, idk why they did with my first two. so i have been taking mirilax the past 2 days. i have to bring my dd in tomorrow and i am going to see if a dr. can prescribe me some softeners cause it isnt working.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If its grainy, you need to go see the doctor ASAP.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• its not grainy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It sounds like the Percocet is stopping you up. Plus it is probably painful to strain. I'm surprised you did not get Surfak prescribed. You can buy it at a drugstore OTC.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• sounds quite normal, iron supps. will do that to ur poo.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ok, i think i may have hermroids to top it off, i just finished going #2 in the bathroom 9not by choice, my body just did it) an my bum hurts and felt kinds swollen when i wiped. i am going to go into the after care clinic tomorrow and see what they can do, i need more pain pills anyway this recovery has been from hell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Get some preparation H cream. That'll help the swelling/burning feel. Its more than likely the pain meds. C-sections are hard on the body. I've had both of my children this way. Hope you feel better.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011