How much is normal for my 2 week old to spit up?

I breastfeed my almost 2 week old baby girl. She seems to spit up alot after I feed her. It almost seems like all of the milk she gets she spits up. After I feed her, I can hardly ever get her to burp. Could this be attributing to all of this spit up? Is this normal?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 2:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you might want either slow down the feedings..... if that doesnt work, try giving your doctor a call
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 6:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My kids always spit up. A lot. They do grow out of it eventually. Try harder to burp her. She needs to burp. I know it's so hard in the beginning. Things will get easier!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• As long as she is gaining weight and you are busy changing lots of diapers, it's ok! I've had 3 kids and it amazed me each time how you forget how much they spit up. Try different positions to burp her. Some babies burp best up on your shoulder, some do by just sitting them up in your lap. Some need a little more oomph and some just need their back rubbed in a circular motion. And some may take a long time to burp whereas others do immediately. You'll soon figure out her method. Hang in there!
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011