What are you doing with your tween this Summer?

My son apparently woke up a full blown adolescent and I missed it. He's not the most pleasant person to be around daily and needs an outlet. Unfortunately we live in a super small town with not a huge amount of things for him to do outside of going to the swimming pool.

What are your tweens doing this Summer to stay busy? What would you do with them if they were a raging ball of cranky ass hormones and you can't guarantee everyone's sanity if you don't find something for them to do?

jandshyne

Asked by jandshyne at 2:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I live in a very small town as well. We are fortunate enough to have a bowling alley here, if you have one in your town that could be an option. Other things planned for this summer: Riding bikes, swimming (I know you mentioned that), hiking/camping, and fishing. Check your states fish and game website and see if it has a free fishing day. Ours is June11th here in Idaho. Also they may not even need a fishing license if they are under a certain age (again check your states' regulations). Another possible activity: Scavenger hunt! They can be a lot of fun, especially if your son's friends get involved...the more the merrier on that. If your son is an animal lover: If you have an animal shelter/pound or something like that in your area some shelters will let you walk dogs if you sign up to do so.

I hope this will be of some help. GOOD LUCK!
    JP34

Answer by JP34 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011