How do I get over her?

My ex girlfriend of 31/2 yrs decided one day that,since my sister came over everyday(and she pushed for it),that she was going to start having feelings for her and telling me them.Needless to say,we broke up.-Now they live in the apartment that me and my ex worked for(which I wont take my name off the lease) and they say they are in love with each other.Currently Im staying with my mom and her b/f.I went to file for full custody of my girls (which are living with her cause she wont give them back) and I keep havng flash backs of all the good times we had. I originally moved out cause all me and my ex were doing was fighting and I dint want to do that around the kids,and I know I should of takin them with me,but now I cant even get them back.How do I get over the past 31/2 rs(she got over me in a week and moved on to my sister) and move on?How do I do this?Please help me.

mommaof21986

Asked by mommaof21986 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask yourself would you take her back after she's been with your sister? There will be more good times with someone who loves you. Fight for your kids, seems they are better off with away from auntie and moms ex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i say like me and my ex gf..i miss her dearly...but there was a reason we broke up...the reason had to be big to break up...
    like mom use to say..there are plenty of fish out in the sea. sooo.,..true.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can be my gf. Will that make you feel better? *hugs*
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• girl...this really sucks. I was with my ex gf for over 10 years total and I tell ya...not a day goes by I don't think about her and miss her so much I could die. I have made a new life with a wonderful man and we are expecting a baby in March. It never takes the place of heartbreak but you do move on.

You need to get your kids back and get your own place. It is the only way I survived was to be on my own.

Good luck, sweetie ;)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 4:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm wondering who's children they are. Are they yours or hers? If they're yours why would you leave them? If they're hers why would you even think a judge would take children away from their mother and give them to her lesbian lover? Why did you move out if your name is on the lease? And why won't you take your name off? If they decide to pick up and go you are responsible for any and all damages they did and any time left on that lease. Too many whys here unanswered.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Interesting. Hmm
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 6:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• fight for your kids then for sure take you name off the lease,but like the anwser above who's kids are these you need to move asap to get these kids back i don't think thats the best envorment for them get a lawer now and disown that so called sister and do a homemade make over an go out an find someone new that always helps me get over someone don't ever go back to that jerry springer show lifestyle....EVER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• alot of people on here have gf's they are waaay too close with. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well if she is keeping your kids, you can call the police, and get your kids back, and your sister is no help, that is pretty mean of her to do that, and you can throw them out, if your name is on the lease only, like i said, police will help you, just call and ask them? wish you the best, and if she cheated on you once, she will keep on, there are to many people out there to be stuck on one, if some one doesn't love you, you can't force them to love you back, here is wishing you a good day, and that everything works out for you,
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Thanks to everyone.Yes,they are my kids and she adopted them.She has the fathers rights.I did take my name off the lease because I dont want to live in an apartment where her and my so called sister did stuff.I'm going to move on but it's just so hard right now. I expecially miss her family.But again thanks.Bye
    mommaof21986

Answer by mommaof21986 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009