Would you......

Would you ever get your man's name tattooed on your body???

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 5:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• In a private place, sure. Since I know he's it for me, I would if I was into doing that.
    Thing is people who tend to this aren't really sure of much. lol
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Nope. DH has a girls name tattooed on his arm. She's a stripper. I hate that it's there.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• no I wouldn't again !!!!! there is a serious hex on doing so I gonna tell you from experience most tattoo artist will warn you it's not a good idea it will split you apart I used to think ya right ... but it"s true i did put some ones name on my body we had been together for years and well we are now divorced it was the worst mistake in my life period !!!!so please if you value your relationship with that person don't risk it !!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 7:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No...but I wouldn't put any tattoos on my body
    cookielover20

Answer by cookielover20 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Highly unlikely. I would get my children's names (and in fact, already have their initials), and would consider a relative's name, say to honor a grandparent or cousin or something after their passing. But I don't think I could put a man's name on my body. I am divorced and although I want a relationship that will last for the rest of my life, I am realistic enough to know that it might not happen and I wouldn't want the daily reminder of a failed relationship on my body.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't think I could. I have no tattoo's right now, so maybe if I did I'd think differently. My boyfriend has said he wants my name, I'm surprised that I like the idea of it. I worry about the hex though.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• no
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No way. I'm not generally disposed to giving much thought to jinxes or hexes or whatever this would fall under but I've always heard the only names you should ever get tattooed on you are your mom's name or your kids. I've known way too many people who got their boyfriend/girlfriend or spouses name on them then had to have it removed when the relationship dissolved.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• yes and it's the biggest mistake i ever made, i was young and stupid and i cant wait to have it removed
    proud-mummy

Answer by proud-mummy at 9:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011