Sil parenting????

I have a sil, her son had major surgery last Thursday. They had to cut him from his mid back down to his butt. Anyway, she is saying that is the dad's territory. I can understand to an extent. But she started going to the pool Sat. when it opened and has been just about everyday. Her dh took offf work for 2 weeks to help him heel. She is complaining about alot of people giving her grief, well I wonder why. (sarcasm) I haven't said anything because we are not the best of friends to begin with. Is this wrong or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is kinda touchy. I could never imagine leaving my son to go play, especially while he's healing. Maybe it's her way of handling things though. I don't know her. Some people just can't deal with their kids being sick
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It sounds terrible to me. But don't say anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ooooo i wouldnt say anything but that is just wrong IMO. Maybe she needs a break though? But if its only her DH taking care of him I dont see why shed need one in the first place. But id keep my mouth shut and maybe avoid her for a while.......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 7:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would not say anything. While it seems wrong she just might not be able to handle what is going on. My DD was in the hospital for 2 months this past summer, she was in a coma and my DH had a very hard time with it. At one point he just couldn't handle being there anymore and I spent over 48 hours there by myself. We took our other 2 children to a concert and spent time with them. He needed a break because it was to hard seeing his child hurt and sick. I am not sure if this is what is going on although it might be.

Good Luck and I hope everything turns out okay!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Sounds very selfish to me but it is the family's business and between them.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Many of us can't handle things when our children are in pain or suffering BUT we are there for them. I think she is being selfish. Since you don't get along with her anyway I wouldn't say anything to her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Haven't walked a mile in her shoes so I will not judge. I will agree with everyone else. Just stay away from her while all this is going on and be there for your brother and your nephew.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011