Vent about PA and CPS more than anything........(very, very long. also in my Journals) adult content

We moved into a new apt and its $158 a month subsidized since DH only makes like, 600 a month at WALMART BUT its ONLY until we can save up for our own place and finish college (were both enrolled) and our food stamps were approved but they needed proof of income and we turned it in THAT DAY and its 2 freakin weeks later and they say they have until the 9th to finalize the application! Im LIKE, I HAVE NO FOOD! were surviving on WIC and NOODLES and your telling me I could be waiting a WHOLE OTHER WEEK!?!? >.> Lucky for us we have a $20 emergency money stash and dh's dad works for a chicken plant and was able to get us (at the family store) a 40lb box of chicken for $10 and we bought noodles and veggies with the rest. not much but enough to last. im just so stressed!!!! and thank GOD DD1 LOVES cereal and (thank god wic gives it to you) or id be so screwed.

thanks for listening. and this whole situation will only be for about 2 yrs or so, at least until we can finish college (my teaching degree will take 4 yrs but dhs accounting one will be 2 yrs so he'll be done before me) and find REAL jobs. its just so tough right now >.<

i REALLY dont want to go to a food bank but I also want to feed my family kwim? as it is, im boiling beans and were eating rice (thank GOD i stocked up with 2 10 lb bags) and i have a ton of tomato and chicken bullion (its really good) so at least we can eat something. im just really frustrated.......AND they STILL havent changed my maiden name to my married! and i changed it and sent in the forms in OCT of LAST YEAR! >.>

*pulls hair out of head*

Its just so frustrating. I was SO hoping theyd put the money on the card on like, friday (because if they didnt itd DEFINATELY not be until tuesday because of the midnight thing) and they didnt i was just about ready to cry. The girls have no clue (she loves canned veggies and rice w/beans anyways but STILL.) And the little one is too small to know any different and she has enough baby food from wic left that i dont have to worry about her. im just so angry. the da*m lady said shed to it asap (and put an unofficial rush on it) after i explained what was going on. b/s :*(

and the lady was so nice too after i explained why we were going back on f/s (we were on them when dh was unemployed after the stock crashed and then went back off for almost a 1 1/2 yrs) and until he get OFFICIAL f/t at walmart were boned (no car and shitty, unreliable transportation. no buses here either) but he gets 33 hours this and last week and the week after next he gets 40. granted it only at a little over min wage BUT itll make it better than the 300 bi-weekly paychecks that hes getting now >.< and im almost out of diapers too! (and im usually so good about having 1-3 months supply stocked up!!!) i HOPE it will last until thurs but seriously dont know.

sorry about the vent i just havent said anything to anyone. not dh, not my mom, no one and im just at my wits end. wed go to a food bank tomorrow but i dont think we'll be able to finagle a ride to that either! and if your going to bash, please dont......

AND on top of all of this I get an email from a friend at WIC saying how some bitch called in CPS on us saying how we have a nasty house and i beat my kids. both is b/s. my house looked like a tornado hit it for two weeks because we were MOVING into said apt above ^ so now i have to be paranoid about when cps shows up. i DO NOT hit my kids and the ONLY time dd1 gets a light spank on her (diapered i might add) butt is when she takes off in a parking lot/street or grabs a knife off the counter while im cooking etc. really dangerous stuff and then i usually dont have to thack her butt again for at LEAST a month or two (it startles her more than anything). and its LEGAL here in AR. I know in some states it isnt but here it is as long as it dosent cause bodily harm/leave a mark.bruise or to never hit their face.

and my floors are STILL clean with a FREAKIN TODDLER and i dont even have a mop!!!! Every 3 days im on my knees with a freaking washcloth and a tupperware container of fabuloso (cuz i dont have a bucket) and mop the floor with a rag >.< so im just WAITING for cps to come knocking on my door. dumb bitch that called dosent even HAVE her two kids. theyre in foster care. (we live in the same apt complex and i got on her ass about her smoking weed so much that i could smell it in my apt and she said b/s i do wat i want and i called the cops so she has a vendetta against me now)

whew. And on top of this all someone tells me why are you whining?

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 7:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Geez, talk about roughing it! Like mkdirector said, don't be ashamed to go to food banks and even churches for help, if anyone is worthy, it's your family! Your at least trying, thumbs up to you for and your husband for going to school to get further in life! Have the 2 of you gone for grants or student loans for extra living expenses? That's what I did while I attended college because I was a single mother and needed the xtra income just to survive! As far as CPS being called on you, if they do show up, just explain right from the get go how this woman has it out for you. Yes there gonna have to check your home and your kids but make sure everything is in order. Once they see everything is fine, most likely they will go away. In most states if they get a call like this, they have to check it out within 24 hours. Good luck to you and your family, I gotta hand it to you for trying.... better days are coming!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• hugsOh my goodness, you have your hands full. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. Go to the food bank...that is why they are there. Hang in there sweetie!! You are not whining, just venting and everyone needs to that from time to time. message me if you need an ear!!!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have to commend you! You've been really working with what you've got. I would freak out to. The person that told you she'd put a rush on it probably tried her best. I've been there and tried to help someone in need only for an uncooperative coworker to not care and take their sweet time. Since it's a process, you just have to wait it out. It sounds like you're capable of handling anything. It will get better, you know that. Hugs!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We have looked into loans but with the way the economy is were nervous about taking them out. And thank you. We are going on monday but I am REALLY praying that its on the card before then (though I highly doubt it). We were lucky enough to scrape together enough money *change* for some eggs and bread this morning. (after looking in couches for it lol) I just dont know how much more of this I can take kwim? and the CPS thing just blew it over the edge for me. Like, seriously? My dd is low weight and i EBF her and I was threatend with CPS with her for NURSING her (even though shes normal in every other aspect). So this was just the icing on the cake....
    shortycmlb

Comment by shortycmlb (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Even if you were whining, which I don't think you are, you'd have every right to!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011