Contractions 14-20 mins apart for 2 hours then just stopped AGAIN!

OMG! I was having contractions for two hours last night. They started out at 20 mins apart, and went to 14 mins apart, increasing in severity with each one, but then they just stopped!!!! In either of my prior pregnancies once they started like that they never stopped! WTF??

sianniona

Asked by sianniona at 7:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Either you are continuing to have contractions and they are painless. Or your labor has stopped. Usually you shouldn't be too worried until they are 10 minutes or closer apart. I know it may have been painful and you may be disappointed your baby won't be here as soon as you thought, but hang in there.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Arg frustrating I know, My fourth and fifth decided to this. With the last one I almost took a nurse out. Contractions 5 mins. apart 1 minute long. Your not far enough dilated go home. Go home lay down and get some rest everything stopped, Went back to the hospital two more times. The Third time the nurse was acting like I was first time Mom, that's what put me over the edge. I said This is number five I do what labor pains are. Yea sure labor goes faster and easier with each one. Just breathe, time is close, good luck and don't stress.
    daps

Answer by daps at 8:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Try not to pay attention to them yet.
    When practicing, the uterus gets to do what it wants to~~

Since you've had babies already, it can be pretty common to notice bigger & earlier warming up, your body is more sensitive to the hormones.
    Mostly just work to be hydrated, nourished, rested, happy, open. Other than that: patient.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Had contractions again for like 2 hours, about 10 mins apart. Woke me up out of a dead sleep, omg it was awful, then they just stopped AGAIN!!! I go to the doc tomorrow I am gonna talk to her about doing something, anything, because this is just getting to be too much. Last week they said I would be ineducable after today, so i want to see if she will do anything!
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Practice contractions are totally normal, nothing wrong with you at all.

As the hormones within you ebb & flow, surge and wane, your body (more sensitive, reacts easier since you've had other pregnancies) will do what it's supposed to, contract.
    Perfectly expected and normal.
    No reason to add unnecessary risks with induction.

Do you feel like you need more info, more help to cope, or suggestions to ease back the contractions?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2011