Why does eating healthy?

have to cost so much? OR if you are on a special diet why does the stuff have to be so expensive?

How do you do it when you only have a certain amount a month to spend on groceries and you have to buy for a family of 4?

Am so glad that the farmers markets are starting back up will save on some things.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It's cheaper to process foods. Therefore they cost less. Don't fall for it, just pre-plan meals, look for sales, and don't be wasteful with food or money and you will be fine.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Eating healthy is less expensive than buying meat, I spend less buying my veggies than when I use to buy meat!

Answer by older at 8:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• can you provide some suggestions and recipes for me please; I am diabetic so have to follow a diabetic diet. Thanks
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Here's an interesting thing. If you have a medical condition that requires you to buy a food product that is more expensive than a non-speciality food of the same kind (IE gluten free bread v regular bread), you can deduct the difference on your taxes as a medical expense.

And PP is right, eating mostly veggie is WAY cheaper. There's a million resources online.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:12 AM on Jun. 5, 2011