How often do you change your passwords?

I need to change my password more often. There is just so many to remember, when I do that though!

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Technology

• Get some password software. I have software called onepassword. It manages your passwords so you can really vary them and change them whenever you need to, without having to rely on your noggin. And it can share information between your computers, phones, etc.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I agree with SWasson, and I change every 3 mos. Without fail. Use combinations of letters and numbers. I won't tell you how I remember mine, or my "strategy" but what I recommend is to use your favorite words that have nothing to do with anything personal. Don't use years for your numbers, use numbers you can remember, I can remember old phone numbers easy, those are no longer connected with you, like old pizza places or workplaces you used to dial a lot, etc.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The best advice I've gotten is to use combinations of numbers and letters and to not use anything that can be found in the dictionary - if you want to use words, pick the word and then use keys that are off from the word - say you want to use "cat", you could instead use "fw6", which is 1 key up and to the right of the keys for "cat". But you can use 2 keys up and left or 1 key down and right, or 1 key to the right on the same row....there's endless combos there.

I don't know how often you're supposed to change them, I do it when I remember.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I use a code word with numbers and characters.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• not very often. just if i give it to someone so they can do something on it when a computer isnt available to me
    Hopeful44

Answer by Hopeful44 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2011