Are step siblings allowed to sleep in the same room?

I have a step son and a step daughter and a two bedroom apartment. My daughter lives with us fulltime so she has the 2nd room.

We have a bunkbed in there and room for one more bed but don't know if it is legal to have them cohabitate in one room when they stay the weekend.

Help!

MrsSpidey

Asked by MrsSpidey at 8:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on.their ages? How old are the kids?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My daughter is 16, stepson is 16 and stepdaughter is 11.
    MrsSpidey

Comment by MrsSpidey (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Then no, let him stay in the living room if its only for the weekend. Let the girls share a room, if its okay with your dd. Remember its her room & her private space.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• That is what we have been doing, so we shall continue on with it! :)
    MrsSpidey

Comment by MrsSpidey (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I shared a room w my step brother until we were about 9 or 10. We are the same age. I think 16 is too old to have them sleep in the sane room.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• sb should stay in the living room
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I had no idea this kind of things might be against the law. I get such an education here at CM.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Id be leary with the boy myself and possible drama that could come from that. I am a biomom so I am just saying I know I would probably not like that idea. The girls I wouldnt see a problem with it.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Hell no!!!!, You CAN NOT have a 16 year old girl with a 16 year old boy who are not related. Have the 2 girls share or something, IDK what to do about the SS though
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It sounds like you need to just have the SK during the day or get a bigger place. 1. you don't have room for 5 people in a 2 bedroom place and 2. the 2 16 year olds should NOT be sharing but on the other hand, most areas require that each child have a BED. Also, how does your DD feel about sharing her room? I mean, it is HER room.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2011