The bible

One thing i dont understand is...the bible.
There was incest.. Adam & Eve mated had boys, how did they reproduce.

There was prosatution....now its wrong

There were gays....Now its wrong

Church was free....Now you have to give so much.

The bible was written by man. its been rewritten over & over. Thing put in things taken out. Even bio's arnt 100% right.
There is also a chunk of jesus life missing age wise...what happened
He was a man man has needs i am sorry if i think he did have sex.

do you believe someone could live in a whales belly for a wk.

it goes on and on.... do you believe the whole bible or pieces???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you've hit upon the same realization I came to--the bible is NOT god's word, is full of errors and contradictions, and is nothing more than the jumbled collection of Judaic and Christian mythology! That's why it's so full of unexplained events. If we are all descendants of Adam and Eve than we are ALL incestuous. There is every possibility that Jesus was married and very sexually active. And do you really believe that two of all of the 30 million species of animal really fit on an ark smaller than the Titanic? Let alone food for them all? And yes, whether it was a whale or a fish, these animals digest their food. No way did Jonah come out in one piece!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ask God to open up your spiritual understanding. Ask it will be given unto you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if god wants you to believe in the bible or you dont belive the bible how would you get answers. I believe in heaven & hell...jesus was a great man!!! but to me the bible is a great story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The questions she is asking is not for cafe mom she needs to be sat down and walked through the bible. Or find a bible believing church so they can disciple her if she really wants to know that bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I totally agree with anon 1:28. it has many good lessons in it but do I take it as absolutely infallible truth? no. as you said, it has been passed down and changed so much, I cannot honestly accept it as such. Yes God is infallible, but the men who wrote and rewrote the bible are not.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The bible was wrote by God though men. God used great men to write the bible. Also I really don't question the bible cause I know every word of it came from God. We cant just pick out the parts of the bible we like and leave the rest. The bible is a guide to help us. I have seen God heal people right in front of my eyes and he has healed me. We mait not want to believe the bible and that is   telling us that. So lets keep reading the bible and thank God for everything. Hope this helped God bless upraying

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• op-----also like my question why is all this in the bible and its not "exceptable" now...
    It kills me when my GAY friends cant have the same life.
    Gay was in the bible...also says do not judge...wasnt it the christians who voted for prop 8.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i did a really good study on the bible and diff. religions.
    OK>>>umm... why would Baptist be holyer...when Cathilics were here 1st. and so on. like i said in the other post. 1 sided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sodom and Gomorra was destroyed by God because all of the homosexual activity and premiscuious sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• so what about insist...adam and eve had to some how with there boys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008