SAHMs, at what age did your kids start school? Did they go to preschool?

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• DD started a private pre-school going one hour on Mondays when she was 2-1/2. Then at 3 she was put in pre-school in our local school system because she needed the speech therapy (our insurance won't pay).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my 4yo has been going to a part time preschool through the military daycare for 5 hours a day. He has been going about a month. I use that time to go to the gym to lose the "baby weight" I got from having him 4 1/2 years ago haha. so I GSC: gym, shower, chores while he is at school. He loves it!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• 18 months at a pre-school, then regulare school at age 5. I stayed home with each of them for the first 18 months.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my oldest didn't go to preschool and she started kindergarden at 5 years old. My youngest is 3 and I was trying to get her in for next year because I am having another baby and she is such a handful worse than my first was so I thought it would be easier, but they ended up putting her in this year for a month and she didn't like it at all and I don't like the location of the school so i am seeing about switching her schools or taking her out, but she will start kindergarden at 5 as well
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my oldest is 4 and a half and has been in and out of daycare since she was just a couple of months old. i was a single mom when i had her so i looked for work as soon as i could to support us. then when she was about 2 and a half my husband and i got married and lived in a small army town, so she was out of daycare until just last year, she went to school for socializing reasons even though i still stay home. this fall she will be starting voluntary pre-k which is only 3 hours a day but free. next fall she starts kindergarten! my younger two who are ages 2 and 1 will probably always be home with me until they start vpk.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'm not a SAHM anymore but I was when my kids started school and my oldest 2 started at age 5, my other 2 started when they were 4 and they went to preschool. I never did preschool with my oldest 2 and I wish I would've . but my 5 year old went to preschool 4 days a week and 8 hours a day (they took a nap at school to) the preschool is with the elementry school so all my girls went to the same school ,(which I loved) if my 5 year old would get scared her teacher would run down to the 3rd grade class and get her older sister and she would be fine once she seen her big sister was there,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:02 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Not a stay at home mom. My son has attended preschool since 2.5 years old. He never went to daycare just preschool.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011