Did you buy one of the prenatal baby heart monitors? When (at how many weeks were you) did it work where you heard the heart clearly?

I'm 22 weeks but so far it only makes the whooshing sound, no heart tone. I plan on taking it to my next OB appointment to get help with positioning. Next OB appointment isn't until 25 weeks though.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't buy one but a friend did and it was awesome. U do know a stethescope works just as good. Anyway, u have to sit n play with it for a while. That's what I did. If u don't find it then do take it to next dr appointment. If u can do some research on the product.
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No I didn't have one, I avoided it. In the future I will get a fetoscope though.
    Your doctor may be able to help, but it could be baby's positioning or just that it's poor quality.
    Do you know where your placenta is?
    I agree with the the stethoscope (fetoscope) because it is safer, no U/S exposure.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I got a hi-bebe one it works really good. To be honest though I only used it a lot in the beginning of my pregnancy, now I won't use it unless I don't feel him moving a lot one day.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I got one and i can hear my babys HB at 30 weeks i didnt try before but once u r showing u should be able to hear the babys hb
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2011