Did this happen to you?

I had a spinal (instead of an epidural) with my last baby that I had in July. I got that done instead because it was a planned c-section. Well when I had the spinal done for one it was super painful but also he hit a nerve which sent a shock through my body. That was also painful. It has been five months since I had that done and my back still kills me in that spot. There are also times I will be sitting and kind of turn to move and my back locks (that is best way to describe it) and I cant move at all. Its like when your jaw locks and you cant move your mouth. My back will get stuck in a certain position and its very painful. Eventually once I can forget about the pain I move it gets back in place. Do you think this had anything to do with the spinal? I never experienced back pain before until I had that done. Thanks ladies for your help!

YoungMomtoGirls

Asked by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• i had a spinal and no mine didnt hurt that long...i was in recovery for 9 hours...bleeding out..and was parlized the whole time. but the next day was fine. sounded like they got a nerve
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• they failed me several times trying to get the epi in my back and couldn't and gave me a spinal instead no one told me i would be paralyzed for hours!!! and my back 2 years later still aches in the same spot they f*cked my back up. ouch
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I suffered with back pain for 6 years after I had my daughter due to spinal as well. I have been on nutritional supplement that helped me with both back pain and 20 yers of migraine head ache, I have not been on any medication since. Let me know if you are interested and I will share information and how you can get it.

Blessings!
    graceone

Answer by graceone at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Is there a pain managmenet doctor in your area? I do transcription for one and most of his patients are there with back pain due to injury or child birth. Usually he will give them trigger point injections (they don't hurt; I've had them) or he will give them anti=infmallatories for the swelling. These methods seem to help alot of people. I hope you feel better. I had an epdiural, not the spinal so I can't tell you that I know how you feel. Good luck; let me know what happens
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008