my 11 week old eats 40 oz and eats every 3 hours. I cannot get him to take any more at one feeding, it seems like he is never satisfied...could it be that he is ready for cereal early?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 1:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. Growth spurt! Go with it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• he has been this way for 1 month
    expectoct

Answer by expectoct at 1:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• 40 oz? Do you mean 4? My dd is 7 weeks and eats 6 ounces every 3 hours. Shes a chunker. But i think yours is right on schedule. He may be at that stage where its hard to satisify them with not only food, but everything else as well. Like, they get bored and you have to keep moving them around every 2 ounces. It may be a stage that he grows out of.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 1:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Why don't you just put a spoon of baby food in his milk? It's much easier on their tummy than cereal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It is KEY to remember that your child's stomach should only be the size of his/ her tinny little fist... 4 oz sounds like to much to me!

Cereal is a BAD idea, solids should only be introduces at 6 months (according to current research). Plus cereal in a bottle is a choking hazard.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Its a choking hazard if not watched carefully. My 2 year old got cereal in a bottle at a month old. No stomach problems, shes not chunky, and shes alive today with no food allergies what so ever. In fact, shes not a picky eater at all. We've tried givin my 7 week old cereal but shes content with formula, then so are we.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 1:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my doc put my boys on ceral at 2 months they were under weight...acid refulx...so he said go for i. at 4months stage 1 foods..and so on
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• sampmama, this question was NOT about you, thank you for sharing though, however medical research says differently. The article Primary prevention of food allergy in infants who are at risk, which was in the Current Opinion in Allergy & Clinical Immunology in June of 2005 is one example. Infant Sleep and bedtime cereal is also a good read!

hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 2:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• HILLMOM...Sampmama was just trying to share her view based on HER personal experience...Just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. EXPECTOCT....talk to your pediatrician...see what he/she thinks. Some with say don't start on cereal...some may say to try a tablespoon or so in their bottle to see how they take. I know many people will disagree with me...but I tend to think old school. I listen to the ladies in my family who have successfully raised several healthy children. I don't know if you have anyone in your family like that you can ask, but if so....go for it.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sorry...Stampmama...not Sampmama....should have double checked that
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2008