What would you do? would you call the school about this? (kindergardener)

I mean I don't know what to do I know if a child would be older it would be a big deal, but I don't know about a kindergardener. I mean I was still mad about it. But anyway I don't know if a kindergardener knows not to do something or not. And another reason i don't know if to call is because my dd only has 1 more week of school her last day is this Friday. So what should I do? Anyway, my dd told me that there is this boy in her class at school that he always puts his hands down her pants andgrabs her butt when they are supose to be on the carpet for story time so she says she trys not to sit by him, but he will go sit by her. (They have uniforms so most of her uniforms aren't buttoned they are just the stretchy kind around the waist.) We asked if she tells the teacher she says she does sometimes. We told her she needs to tell all the time and we also told her about not letting anyone kid or adult to touch her butt or the front of her. But I don't know if we should call and talk to the princable or what? She says when she does tell the teacher that he gets a check by his name. But she doesn't tell everytime. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• CALL THE SCHOOL.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Id call the school. If it is carpet time the teacher is there and probably watching. I am not saying your child is lying but they do sometimes embellish at that age. In any case I would call to get to the bottom of it. Next year he will be in another classroom and if in fact he is doing it then they need to do something before school starts again next year.
    I remember my son told me his friends were touching his penis in class. I went to the school. It was kinder as well. It turned out it wasnt even happening but he was making up stories. I was so mortified. The teachers and everyone laughed and said its so normal for them at that age. So think positive. Maybe nothing is happening. But if it is, you are doing your job as a parent and letting the school know.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Umm, your telling your dd to do something, tell her teacher.
    Yet, your not helping her. I won't care if it was the last day of school. Go talk to the principal.
    This is your dd personal body being violated.
    If nothing is done through the school then go to law enforcement.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would call the school and have a conference with the principal and the teacher. I would make sure that they inform the boys' parents that this is happening. They know at this age that it is NOT appropriate to stick your hands down someone else's pants...if this boy is doing it now without proper dicipline, Lord only knows what he will be doing this time next year... :-/
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Call the principal. Your DD already has told the teacher on multiple occasions and it's still not been handled. I don't want you to feel bad, the boy does seem to just be awnry not sexual, but your job is to protect DD.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Of course I wl speak to someone at the school in person asap....
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It may just be a fase for the boy but the teacher should notice this and put a stop to it.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 9:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Momma Call the school & tell the princapal what iss going on and explain she is scared to tell everytime cause she doesn't want to be labeled a tattle tale , I had this same issue with my 3rd grader, I called and explained she didn't want to get in trouble by the teacher for telling every day but I was not happy my child should be able to come to school and be safe and not be touched and the princapal went and got the boy and told him he was not to touch my dd or any of the other girls he had been touching anymore, he called us back and explained he had a conference with the boy and if it happened again he would be suspended, my dd said he hasn't touched her since, and the princapal also had a talk with the teacher and he isn't allowed to sit around my dd anymore. so please call the school and put a stop to this, if he is allowed to continue ,it will only get worse in years to come..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Um, yeah. I'm a teacher and I would want to know if that was happening in my classroom and I was somehow missing it. You need to tell, for your daughter's sake and the for the boy's sake. My goodness, teach your daughter that someone violating her that way is very serious and she doesn't need to wait for the next time it happens!
    JoeliePoelieMom

Answer by JoeliePoelieMom at 2:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would quietly and calmly tell the teacher and the principal, "if his hand go down her pants again, I am calling the cops on you. You know about this and you aren't doing anything. I am serious, make it stop." Sounds extreme but I bet it wont happen again. I hate these types of do nothing jerks. Thanks for protecting our children...not.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2011