Behavior

my husband and i have custody of our 3.5 grandaughter,. her behaior is fine with him at home, and any other place he takes her, especially stores. when in stores with me, she is totally unmanageable. there have been safety issues in which she has to be searched for,by me and store emplyees, as well, as out of controlled tantrums. she has now been told she can not go with me to stores because of these reasons. i have taken her after a period of time goes by but behvoir
persists. she also will do anything papa asks, but totally ignores my requests. have tried time outs, taking things away from that she enjoys. she is always bucking me.

HELP!!!!!

rosie12345678

Asked by rosie12345678 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe you could tell her that until she behaves with you she won't be allowed to go with papa.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• She is testing you, stand firm with her. She listens to you or she is punished.
    Remember the saying give an inch and they'll take a mile.
    At some point something happened and she feels she can walk all over you.
    I wouldn't allow any trips to town until she can prove herself to behave a home.
    I've walked in to store & left with nothing, because of an unrule kid.
    Put your foot down with her & gain her respect for you.
    No nagging or special treats to get her to listen - its your way or th highway (punishment)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• DOES SHE HAVE ISSUES WITH FEMALES DISCAPLINING HER MAYBE ITS SOMETHING PSYCHOLOGICAL WITH HER MAYBE COUNCILING WILL HELP IF NONE OF THAT FITS THEN JUST STAND UR GROUND AND KEEP DOING A GOOD JOB WITH HER TAKE THINGS AWAY TIME OUTS OR MAYBE SHE NEEDS A GOOD OLD FASHION BUTT WIPPIN FROM U!
    CandelariaMama

Answer by CandelariaMama at 4:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011