Real life marriage vs Fairy tale marriage

What are some of the cold realities of marriage that have been hard for you to accept and realize that "fairy tale" marriages aren't real?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• his mama..storys there ok...real life they are too...except when it matters most.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Maybe I've been married too long...but I can't recall ever believing in fairy tale marriages in the first place.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Fairy Tale? ahaha...It definintly isn't hard for me to accept that those aren't real...I do believe in nightmares though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have been waiting for that Fairy Tale and at 36 I am finally starting to accept that it does not exist. Too bad, though.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Never believed in Fairy Tale marriage. I saw too many marriages go south as a kid to ever have a "Cinderella" or "Sleeping Beauty" complex. The "Prince" does not exist. You marry a human being who will not be perfect,no matter how good he is. You are not perfect, either (NEWSFLASH) so you have to wake up to the reality of that before you can grow together. You will have to learn to forgive mistakes that were made in ignorance, but if he didn't know any better, you can't hold him accountable. (On the other hand,if he knows better and messes up anyway--that's where I draw the line.) Fairy Tale? No way. Marriage is hard work and it takes two committed people(or maybe 2 people who SHOULD BE committed lol) to make it last.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• hey im in as close to it can be fairy tale marriage. we have good communication respect reachother...yea we have our moments but for the most part he is my prince. i feel sorry for some now that ive read respondes...yes we married a human being with flaws, but we do for eachother things to compliment eachothr and make eachother happy..and if that isnt as close to fairy tale as possible then im a monkeys uncle.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• no, the wedding might be. It takes two to be in a marriage and you both work at it. And it has the vows in life but you roll with it.
    It makes you stronger and closer at least it does us.!
    Skippytrini

Answer by Skippytrini at 9:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• you just have reality remember things can be good or bad but with love,faith,hope,&trust you have a good chance in making it happen also lot of hugs strong shoulders.
    Anonymous

• This is my second marriage and it IS a fairy tale. I never would have thought a marriage could be this good. I never wanted another man in my life after my ex but that was before I met my husband. Life isn't always easy blending our four kids together, but my marriage is as close to perfect as it can possibly be. Maybe because we have such a great love and respect for one another and he is my best friend. With that being said, my husband is not normal when it comes to husbands and I know how lucky I am! He is the BEST!!!
    haston

Answer by haston at 7:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The HAPPILY EVERAFTER part..................

Iviemg

Answer by Iviemg at 6:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008