Kia Soul (Kinda funny)

Ok so I posted before my car broke down. I was thinking of getting a Kia Soul because a couple moms have them now and they are kinda cute and I dont need anything too big. We have all seen the ads for $98 a mth for a lease right? Well I figure damn I can afford that picking up cans and recycling lmao. I sent for an inquiry and it sounded good. The guy says he needs $299 down with tier 1 credit and then licence, insurance and dock fees. Well I know license and all that is around $120 in our state. I just did that with my sons car. I said ok so that is the total I would need to bring? He said its $4000 in dock fees. WTH? I told him where the hell do you dock it? LMAO. The price of the car total is a little over $10k. So basically they want you to bring in half down for the $98 a mth lease.

He asked if I wanted an appointment to come look and get one. I said no. I was laughing at this point. Anyway I just wanted to let yall know. It is so ugh a scam in my opinion. $4000 in dock fees?

Asked by gemgem at 9:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• That's what I've always thought. In the few celebrity sitings I've had, they've always had really expensive cars with dealer tags. I just assume only people with those finances and that lifestyle would benefit from paying so much money on a car you would never own.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Leasing cars are for people with perfect credit and a lot of cash on hand already....ie: celebrities.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thats not true. We have always leased cars and we arent rich or famous lol.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Nah usually its pretty cheap. My aunt turned me onto it. She would always get the lowest priced cars they leased. Like for instance she had a Toyota Tercel back in the day and I think put maybe $100 down and paid half what she would normally for a car payment. The only thing is at the end of the lease if you go over miles you pay by mile, and to own the car there is a balloon payment. So you have to save some towards the end if you want to keep the car. Or you can turn it in for another lease. You just never really *own* it.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2011