Why am I bruising so easily?

I don't know if I should contact my doctor about this or not, but I am getting bruises so easily lately and I am wondering what would cause that to happen? I look like I have been beaten but I haven't been. It's just so weird. Thanks for your help.

mbreeggemann

Asked by mbreeggemann at 9:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• You could be anemic. Thats very common in anemia. Try to increase your intake of iron or buy some iron pills at the drug store and see if that helps. It could take a week or two before you see any help. They do tend to make you constipated so increase your fiber as well to help you. If you start to feel weak or anything go to the doctor right away.

Answer by gemgem at 9:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• eek! If you have not been bumping in to things (even so that is not good) i would suggest going to a doctor. You need to get your WBC checked and so forth.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It maybe anemia but it would be good to talk to your doctor and get some tests done. If it is anemia you'll need iron, vitamin C, and vitamin B12 or even better vitamin B complex.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Talk to your doc! It may be anemia like buttercup and gemgem said but you always want to make sure and double check.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 10:30 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Go see your doctor. Very soon! Let them do blood work to check you. Anemia is one possibility. They have more possibilities. Not trying to scare you but go get this checked soon.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011