What do you use to clean your floors?

I have laminate floors (look like wood) in most of my house and I use a swiffer wet jet. But I am wanting to buy a shark steam mop.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Pine Sol and a Libman Wonder Mop

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I use a swiffer too. I am actually looking into a Hoover H2150 Impulse. My entire house is like yours we have no carpet so I am always having to mop. I do have to deep clean mop and for that I use Lysol or Pine Sol. I do that around once a week. And then daily use the swiffer.

Answer by gemgem at 10:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My floors are both real wood and laminate! I LOVE MY SHARK! it was the best gift I have ever gotten I can clean my whole house in 20mins and I have 6rooms! I would def suggest getting one to anybody!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• pine sol...or bleach
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Murphy's oil soap
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have the same type of floors and i just use Mr. Clean or if i am out i just use Dawn dish soap. lol
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• FABULOSO Apple scent and a Rag (on my hands and knees, yes >.> We moved and lost our mop and payday isnt till next week. But at least my hands smell good lol. But for the girls' room I use Green Works dilutable multipurpose liquid.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 10:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I use a swiffer too. If the floors are seriously grubby, I use vinegar mixed with hot water. I had to do this when we moved into my house. The previous tenants were slobs, and the floors had this caked on, sticky layer to them that wouldn't come off any other way. Vinegar and hot water worked like a charm. Then I just opened the windows and used a little bit of room spray to get rid of the vinegar smell. All of the floors are hardwood. (minus kitchen and bathroom, which are vinyl, I think.)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I've just been using a wet swiffer (the basic kind) but I'm going to need to use some Murphy's on it soon. I have finished hardwood. I REALLY want a steam mop, though. My BIL uses one and swears by it. His floors (hardwood & tile) look GREAT and he has 4 kids and 2 mastiffs.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have a Wagner 905 power steamer. I had a Shark steam mop, but it was just a pain in the ass. The Wagner cleans better and is easier to use.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011