A month old constipated

what do you do for a a month old when they are constipated.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can help him with his legs push them like if he is riding a bicycle. My baby was on formula and the doctor made me give him gentleease milk at least once or twice a day to help him poop. Is he on formula?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You can give the baby a little juice, apple is the best for constipation. It will not hurt him or mess up the digestive system. Fruits help no matter what age you are, so this may help later on too. Just don't give bananas, it has the opposite effect and will constipate more.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Pear juice is what was advised by our doctor, seems like you can only find it in the baby section. Karo syrup is what I always used, people have they're opinionsabout it but if you read up on it , they've changed it so it's perfectly safe and it really does the job,my doctor also recommended it as well.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My doctor also recommended Karo syrup. Just put a little bit in their bottle.
    Suzieque31

Answer by Suzieque31 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Karo syrup is a botulism risk and is NEVER recommended for infants. it is also too early for juice of any kind. Why do u think baby is constipated? if baby is breastfed it can be normal to go for awhile without a bm. As the first mom suggested at 1 month it is best to use leg peddling and massages to help.
    mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Karo syrup is not a botulism risk when it is heated..which is what my doctor..2 different docs with 2 babies AND my Mamo RN had me do. Leg pedaling got us nowhere.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• our pediatrician told us to use the rectal thermometer just up to the small tip and see if we could "help" get things moving a little bit. it worked for us, maybe try that? good luck!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It depends. What is baby's diet? How are you defining constipation? How long has it been since the last bowel movement? What was the consistency of the last bowel movement, if you remember?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If it gets really bad, u cand take a q-tip, put Vaseline on the tip and insert into his anus about and inch and gently move around. Also ask ur sons ped about using Glycerin suppositories.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2011