Starting Solid

My twin babies are starting solid! What a milestone!

After introducing rice cereal, how long do I have to wait to give them something else? I'm thinking about giving them zuccini after rice. I know I have to wait for at least one week...

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 10:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't mention ages but there is good info in this link.  You will see where you can look at each age group too.  Enjoy those babies!

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solids.htm

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Your babies are kinda young for solids, 6 months is best, rice cereal is pointless and lacks any real nutrition.

If baby is ready for solids baby can sit up unassisted, has no tongue reflex and can self feed mushy foods!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You answered your own question...
    how long do I have to wait to give them something else
    I know I have to wait for at least one week...

Anonymous

• My daughter could sit up with support, reached for the spoon and could get it in her mouth at 3 months when we started cereal. Only you know what's right for your baby. We started sweet potatoes, squash, and pears as first foods for mine!
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:30 AM on Jun. 6, 2011