Well, I'm not pregnant......

I started my period today......right on schedule......

Still I can't get over the fact that I had so many symptoms of pregnancy and had them for two whole weeks! Mainly the headaches and naseau had me convinced, and the breast sensitivity.

Maybe I had really severe pms this time, maybe my mind was playing games with my body or maybe I have some other health issue causing the symptoms. I guess I'll know if thats the case, if they go away.

Just wondering, do you all really believe your mind and create symptoms like this in your body? Do you think just wanting or thinking you are pregnant has that much power and influence?

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 10:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• So sorry that you're not pregnant. Still waiting to see if I am too.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes, I absolutely believe you can work yourself up into having symptoms. We only use about 10% of our brains and there is untold potential beyond that. You concentrate on TTC and watch and wait for these early symptoms all month long for how many months in a row... Maybe your mind is causing you to feel and notice these symptoms as a way to appease you.
    Stranger things have happened, and a LOT of TTC women experience pregnancy symptoms and find out they're not.
    That's why people tell you to relax or stop thinking about it or stop "trying" so hard.
    Anyway.... I'm sending you some baby dust! Hope you find yourself pregnant soon
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I think we can convince ourselves that we are pregnant even when we aren't. Our minds are very powerful lol, especially when you want something so badly. Sorry your not pregnant. I found that the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" was a helpful book when I got pregnant with my daughter. It took me 10 months to conceive. Good luck!
    Suzieque31

Answer by Suzieque31 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have several times. It's so hard, because you really start to believe it, it's crushing when AF comes.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 1:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I just got mine today and was really hoping this could of been my month. I have experienced the same type of symptoms, I do think our minds can trick us into believing what we want.
    kswtbm

Answer by kswtbm at 3:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• U can have ur period an still be pregnant.. I had my period the first three months of my pregnancy an my mom had her period the first 5 months she was pregnant with me my ob told me it was normal..as long as it wasnt heavy or bright red
    kiki637

Answer by kiki637 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2011