how many baby showers did you have ???

so i was taught that you use to only have a baby shower for your first child. i however went into preterm labor at 27 weeks and had my oldest son at 29 weeks so to early for my baby shower so i had one with my second. how many of you had another shower for you second child ???

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i had one for the first. baby showers arnt just for celebrating new life, its to help get things for the new mom to be to get started to get the basics. i didnt have one for my second. i had all the basics i already needed. i did however host a get together when my son was about a month for ppl to come over and see him that was how we celebrated his new life.

Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• none i was in and out of the hosp from the time i was 28wks...up til i had the twins at 36 wks.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i had 2 and thats just my first pregnancy! my mil had one then my mom threw one.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had 3. For my one and only child.

My Church threw me one. My mom threw one for my family. And my moms BFF threw one for me for everyone up where I live [2 -3 hours away from actual family]
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had 2 with my first and pretty sure ill have 1 with my second...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had one for my first child but for my second I was 1000 miles away from family so I didn't have one.

I do think it is ok to have a baby shower with each child. Esp if you have a different sex each time. Obviously the aren't going to be able to wear the clothes you saved from your first baby lol. And if they are far enough apart in age, alot of the big things might not be in very good condition anymore or could be recalled so I def think it is ok to have a baby shower for each child.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 9:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am pregnant with my second and am not having one ...unless it's a surprise LOL With my first I had 3 baby showers so we have everything we need! Unless it's a boy ...we'll need clothes! I don't see anything wrong with baby showers for more than one kid as long as someone else offers to throw it ...I think that is tacky if you throw it yourself! Just my opinion!! xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had one for my first...then when my 3rd was 12 I got pregers again so I had another one for my 4th but not one for my 5th.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had 1 for baby boy 1 and I am having 1 for baby boy 2.. they are going to be 6 1/2 years apart so I don't really have anything!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I did NOT have a shower w/ my first because I already had everything I needed, but both sides of the family accused me of having a baby shower with the other side. Duh. Anyhow, I did have a shower the second time, and amazingly, I invited both sides! Hehe.
    Baby showers are a fun way to get together and oo and ahh over the lastest baby gear, and share the event. I say, if you have twelve kids, maybe then, you shouldn't have a shower every time. Maybe.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008