What time of the day to feed the solid?

This is my first day of giving solid to my twins. I did it first thing in the morning. My boy twin was so hungry, he was crying between the spoonfuls because he was so impatient! My neighbor told me that it's a good idea to feed in the morning because of tummy trouble just in case. But I'm not sure... I agree with her theory, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do this while they are cranky from hunger... They sleep through the night, so they are VERY hungry when they wake up. The lunch time will be very difficult for me because I have a 6 year old, and we are usually very very busy, especially now that her school is over. What do you think?

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 10:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Always give breast milk or formula first, then the solids. They do not need solids for the first year. The breast milk or formula are the most important nutient for the first year.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The best thing to do is feed them their breastmilk/formula first so they are happy when you are feeding them. Offering them something for the first time would probably be better if you gave it to them earlier in the day, that way if they had an allergic reaction you could go to the doctor right away. When you are first starting solids its always best to wait a few days before introducing another food. I got so much great info at www.wholesomebabyfood.com There is charts to tell you what foord to feed babies at different ages, there is also recipes for making food too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• And, yes, morning is good for starts
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Maybe give them a bottle for breakfast and try the solid at the next feeding. If it doesn't settle well, you still have most of the day left. Also, if they are really cranky they might not be as open to trying something new. Just try it out and see. :) Good luck!
    Suzieque31

Answer by Suzieque31 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My boys wake up about 7am, starving, so I give them a bottle first, then solids at their 10am feeding.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:53 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• That's why you're supposed to give them the bottle or breast first.
    Anonymous