Mollescum

My daughter started getting small bumps under her arm and on her side. We took her to the doctor and she treated them with an acid like solution that basically caused them to blister and go away. She said they could come back and they have... I will be calling the doctor again but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if there is anything I can do at home to treat them. They are a virus like bump that can be passed between kids but not from kid to adult unless the adult's immune system is really low. They don't hurt her but she says they itch. They are just annoying....help?

Suzieque31

Asked by Suzieque31 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• no advice, but bump!
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my kids have them too. they've all just about passed them on to each other in baths or pools. the qiucker and more consistent you are in treatng them, the less likely they will reappear. my 3 year old had one removed and it started 12 more so weve just had those treated and they should probably go away after this. nothing we can do at home but try to prevent others from getting them but its a virus and can be dormant for years. not much diferent than warts really. maybe one day there will be over the counter meds but not yet.
    keykeyb

Answer by keykeyb at 5:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thanks! I will be call her doctor today.
    Suzieque31

Comment by Suzieque31 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2011