How do you do the dishes?

Do you hand wash? Use a dishwasher? Combination of both?

I find myself basically doing a full wash by hand before loading the dishwasher because DH has an inability to rinse a dish after he uses it. :/ I'm wondering if running the stupid dishwasher is even worth it beyond the sanitize cycle, or if I should just go buy a drainer and forget the dishwasher entirely.

Vix920

Asked by Vix920 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I had wash in a certin order, plates, sliverware, bowls, etc.
    Then put them in the dishwasher, I like the idea of the sanitation cycle.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I only hand wash. When the kids were using bottles, I would use the hot rise and sanitize on them... But other than that, I prefer to wash them by hand. We have a dishwasher that has just sat for almost a year now...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The only things I hand wash are wooden items or very old, fragile items. Everything else is put in the dishwasher and when it is full I run a load. It usually take a couple days to fill up since there are just the two of us.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 11:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We have a dishwasher but don't use it. Everything is done by hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have hand washed mine for over 10 year ( yes Ive been washing dishes from the time I was 14 even before ) I hate washing dishes i mean hate so now that we have a dish washer I use it all the time
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• hand, our dishwashers broken :(
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We do a combo of both... dishwasher for company and really want to be lazy days although if I have to rinse my dishes to put them in the dishwasher I might as well wash them by hand. I prefer washing by hand so that I am not running up the eletric bill.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• By hand .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• we don't pre-rinse our dishwasher dishes ... so we use that for the plates/silverware/cups, etc. But I fill up a sink of hot soapy water for bigger items and for my good knives and things so I do both.
    lotof2

Answer by lotof2 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I do mine by hand have never had the luxury of a dishwasher and no one else around here bothers to do them either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2011