What would be a good major for undecided college students???

If your a college student and you really don't know what you want to do in life, but you do know that you would like to further your education, what would be a good major to major in?  I have an associate's degree and I only have 1-2 years of school left when it comes to going towards a bachelor's degree.  Please help lol.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in

• General studies, it's a great lead into a lot of different areas. You aren't just wasting your t e, money, and credits on useless classes.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Liberal Arts, it like taking more general ed. Well rounded and you can still work towards a degree.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would do general studies and take a few classes in different majors that you think you might be interested in.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• go in "undeclared" and work on general ed requirements, or major in Liberal Arts. You are exposed to so much at school that that quite often you find you niche in the first year or so and have a lot of the general ed stuff out of the way!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ~*General Ed*~... these are needed regardless of what you choose to be... and what we push with our now 15 year old (in case he chooses college)... GE classes are the best start because they change after highschool emotionally and mentally (why HS sweethearts don't last)

Our son is currently doing ROTC, and we support him, at least it is a goal (he can go up in ranks in high school before he ever enters). Otherwise we'd be pushing his general ed classes and double credits! And he'd still have plenty of them left by the time he reaches college... but could be getting HS and college credits now. But he made his choices, so we'll back off and let him fly or fall... and be there to help if he chooses college over military
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Something you enjoy!!!

I made the mistake of getting a degree in something Ithought would get me a job. I took classes I hated and with this economy it doesn't really guarantee me a job anyway. Now I regret ever getting the damn thing....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Follow your passion. It will build self-confidence. You can always go back for something more practical. I majored in biology (my passion) and had a second major in business. I ended up working in accounting and loving it.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• sorry but general ed is not a major lol. You can be undeclared until you figure it out, or you can always change. But work on your general ed first and by doing so you will have to take this wide range of classes and you will probably find your area of interest.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Domonique, there are several colleges that offer general studies as a major.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Rosie, this is my third year lol.  I have an associate's degree, but I would like to work on my bachelor's.

Diamond2010

Comment by Diamond2010 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

Next question in
Summer reading programs...

Next question overall (Kids' Health)
Mollescum