Sex toys and Christianity ?

Recently, I became a passion parties consultant. Mainly to have fun with other women and discuss things other than the norm- jobs, money, kids, ect. I am a Christian and believe the toys have really helped my husband and I in the bedroom. Now I'm overly fearful this isn't ok with God. I feel terrible. I'm also 6 wks pregnant and very hormonal lol. Please let me know what you think!? This is just a hobby for me, not my main job btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is nothing in the bible that says you can't have fun sex with your husband.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I personally believe God wants us to have healthy, happy relationships with our spouses, and that as long as our relationships are healthy and happy (meaning as long as someone isn't being demeaned or mistreated, etc) I don't think He cares what they entail. We're supposed to have that closeness with one another, to be able to enjoy being with one another. I don't think He cares how we do that. I think He cares more about what's in our heart than how we act it out with our spouses, if that makes sense. Then again, I'm one of those who doesn't believe He's up there keeping score of what's right or wrong so He can punish us. I just think that if He were going to be unhappy with something, it would be something that harms the relationship or makes it unhealthy, not something that helps you keep a healthy happy relationship, if you get what I mean.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't see the issue, and know many Christians who have had businesses similar to yours and enjoy the products. In fact a few years back I found a company called Book22 which is a "sin free" Christian Adult Toy Company... So I'm gonna say that while there ARE those who see it as wrong, it's obviouser that not every one does - do what is best in YOUR heart!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• They are not incompatible . Christians are permitted to be happy and have fun in the bedroom . If they weren't , the world would be a miserable place.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Sex toys are fine. I am a Christian also, and have a well stocked "toy chest" God created sex, he created our bodies to feel pleasure, and as long as we are doing within the bounds of marriage as intended, then there's nothing wrong with it!

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I think if you read the scriptures there is something in there about how nothing is forbidden in the bed of married couple. I don't have time to look for it, but it is there. So you are covered. Have fun.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ummm....well....if sex toys are a sin--I'm in some serious trouble. hehe ;)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i think you're in the clear.
    granted, we didn't cover this topic in my last modern christianity debate class...
    lol
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• (quote: RosieT) "sex toys and electricity didn't exist at the time of the Bronze Age, so it wouldn't have been addressed."
    ======
    Getting technical about it... electricity has always been around, long before any living thing on Earth existed (lightning, for example). It just wasn't until fairly recently that we have been able to harness the power of electricity as we know it today.

Also, sex toys have been found dating back nearly 30,000 years ago to the ice age: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4713323.stm

nerdy

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I don't think your going to be punish for adding exsitment to the bedroom. If you are I'll be there with you. I don't believe every thing church leaders say we shouldn't do is true,. If you really look through out history many religions believed you couldn't have oral, or the only position you could use is misionary. Well let's get real that gets boring. Keep it fun, interesting, and new and trust me it will help your relationship alot. I just recently found out my hubby has been a little bored which was causing lots of fights. We've opened our horizons and now no more fights he even recently got my name tatted on his arm. Only thing I wont try is letting some one else in and two or three postions but hey thats due to uncomfortability and my not sharing well. I personally don't beleive god cares that much about what goes on between concenting adults between the sheets. As for infility I beleive that is a commandment more do
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 6, 2011