No House Or Apartment What did You Do Next?

I saw the story on CBS.com of the gentleman that had to move in with his mother at the age of 45. Yesterday on PBS I also heard of a man that went back to school to get his masters degree and now is only making 20,000 a year and has over 100,000 in debt student loans that cant be discharged in bankruptcy.

People are losing their jobs left and right followed by losing their houses and then nowhere to go, even apartments do not want you, I checked out a few apartments yesterday and it does not look good for people that need one. For me not an issue because my husband is in good standing and can get us a place, I will know in a month or two if I'll stay here another year. I prevented a disaster in 2006 and had the house put in my name and protecting my DH, that is how I did it, I don't think you can do that anymore, houses are not selling and people cant even get credit as this article linked indicates http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43283120/ns/business-us_business    I help DH anyway I can so family can be safe and well. What are yor plans?

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• We have had some serious issues as of late. Almost 3 years worth. At 33 and 34 respectively we are moving in to my parent's basement to re-group. It sucks, but it is what it is and we are dealing. We lost our house in a fire and then our purchase fell through on our replacement home after it cost us a boat load of money, so we are doing what we have to do to get back on top and trying not to dwell on how badly we were ripped off after suffering the loss the fire caused.
    jandshyne

Answer by jandshyne at 12:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• hugs

Unfortunately this is the reality of America... but, once things get too bad, I fear for the rich... they are living targets once people get fed up with the BS

We were in the process of buying a house, when our country took a dump! We first watched one job cut hours, than the other job cut pay in half... and soon, for no reason other than banks greed, all our credit cards went from 9% to 25-30%... and talking to them over the phone, they basically gave us the finger... so trust me... we're all feeling it in one way or another... we still "rent", which I guess saved us from being surrounded by foreclosed homes, or one ourselves, but in the end we pay for others mistakes

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Hugs to All. What burns me up is they do Not get it and are still trying to take our last dime.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It's hard for so many people these days. And its getting harder for more of us. What is going to happen to us?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011