Diaper is not protecting enough!

almost every morning I have to change my 8 month olds sheets because there's pee on them! I change him right before he goes down for the night and his diapers r the right size but it just doesn't seem to be holding all his pee through the night! Its not that the pee comes through the side or anything, it's that he prepees so much it fills the diaper up like crazy! I don't give him a bottle right before either! So other than waking him up to change (I will not do that) any suggestions?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 12:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Since DS started sleeping all night, I've been putting him in the diapers that are meant for night-time use (huggies and I think other brands make them). They really are more absorbant than normal diapers. And I usually go a size up, too, just to give him extra protection.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• what diapers do you use it might be the brand
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We had that problem with Huggies, we'd go through 3-4 outfits a DAY with them. We switched to Pampers and never looked back, or had the blowout problems that we did with Huggies.

Does he still do a middle of the night feeding? If so, then consider changing his diaper then.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• could try a different brand, could go size up... You don't have to wake him up to change his diaper. I use cloth and change my lo diaper in the middle of the night (like yours, mine saves all his pee for bed time I think)) I change him once, and just do it while he is asleep.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Might be branding issue...Mine couldn't sleep in Pampers. We actually used a store brand to sleep in, and I would change them before I went to sleep (without waking them - I just made sure the house was shut down 1st).

Are you bathing him before bed? Sometimes a good warm bath will help him relax and let him pee more before bed. GL
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• my gf told me she goes a size up at night and I have discovered huggies are cut smaller than all other brand diapers.
    Beautiboys

Answer by Beautiboys at 1:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011