I need some motivation!

I've been dying to get back into the gym and my strict eating habits for quite some time but I just can't do it. I've been so tired and I feel so lazy and I just don't care. I feel like a failure of a mom as well because I keep putting things off. I really need to get it together but I just feel like it's impossible! I have so much I need and want to do. My body, my house, everything needs some tlc. I think a lot of this is I'm lonely. I think I'm depressed. I've always been organized and neat but now I just feel super overwhelmed. I have so much to do I just don't know where to start. I don't have any family around nor do I have any friends here because I'm new to the area. I'm just looking for a boost of motivation. A pep-talk...LOL. Thanks!

Naplesmommy03

Asked by Naplesmommy03 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Make a list and start wirh the small things. Do a little each day. I have a cleaning routine without that id never do anything. It would be to overwhilming.
    And I used to be super organized, but I've learn not to get so freaked over the small stuff.
    As for the exercise and diet - wish I could get motivated on that myself.
    But it'll all come together, fix the house and chores then have fime for exericse and proper diet.
    Hang in there..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I can totally relate, I've been there! For me I would make a list that way if I accomplished just ONE thing in a day it helped me get past a little bit of the depression. Forcing myself out the door into the sunlight & a walk did wonders because when I came back home I saw what needed to be done & got to it. Sometimes getting out does really help because you're not sitting there thinking how disgusted you are with yourself because this or that isn't done. I used to do that but hey, you're here asking for some motivation some people don't. To me that means you're NOT a failure of a mother because you're reaching out. You can do this! When making the list & you begin to feel overwhelmed take a minute for yourself then start again. Sometimes I wish someone would slap me hard enough to snap out of it but when I figured that wasn't gonna happen I put the baby in the stroller & a-walkin'-we-went! You can do this!
    a_cowboys_girl

Answer by a_cowboys_girl at 12:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My mom always told me, "this too shall pass", and "it's a season of life". Now that I am a mid 30's mom of two kids I remind myself of that daily!! It's true that life is full of "seasons". This one may be kinda icky! But before you know it it'll be over and a new "season" will begin. Dont give up, just be patient and wait for the next chapter of life...it'll be better, you'll see! PS. I can so relate to everything you said. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut myself. It feels good to know that I'm not the only one. ;)
    triumphantmom

Answer by triumphantmom at 12:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• OMG..you sound exactly like me over a year ago! Exactly. I knew something was wrong with me and my motivation, energy, stamina, vigor....all of that. My home was suffering on account of it too. I eventually got to where you're at today. You know you're behind but can't seem to make yourself just DO IT. If I told you what worked for me...you probably wouldn't believe me, LOL. I was completely run down and lacking vitamins, minerals, sleep and when you get like this...everything suffers from a lack of SOMETHIING. I read an article or 10 actually abou this and ran right out and bought up what i needed to start feeling better. The next day I noticed a difference already. My moods cleared up in a few days...within two weeks I was sleeping better and had energy and was getting more motivated. A year later...I'm a different person !!! I cannot say enough for taking what your body needs/lacks. We cannot run on empty.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• i feel the same way.
    Susannah19

Answer by Susannah19 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I take L-Triptophan to help with my depressed mood. I am rarely ever depressed now except during PMS a little. You can buy it at Walgreens or CVS or in the vitamin section at grocery. Mine carries it. I take it with Vitamin E which helps my body to absorb it better, basically. It's just an amino acid. Something our body should make anyway but we lack and that messes up your moods. I feel better than I have felt in 20 years, no kidding. I'm like a new person ...whom I really like now!!! :)
    No doctor is gonna tell you this...they would rather sell high dollar anti-depressants that don't work. If you're just feeling a little depressed, give it a try. It's over the counter and completely safe as long as you don't take more than what it says. I take 1 capsule nightly and 1/2 tablet of Melatonin (also all natural and in our bodies already) which helps me go to sleep, sleep like a baby and wake up at 5 am more refreshed.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011