I have a router i used it when i had the internet. i no longer have the internet (just on my phone) can i use it for wi-fi or something?

Im not talking about stealing anyone else signal (or whatever u call it) I m not really tech savvy so I apologize if my questions sound silly. I know when I go to certain places like barnes& nobles I get w-fi. I was trying to make my own hotpot after watching youtube videos but it never works. I don't want to buy internet because I use my phone for EVERYTHING! But I need to do party invites and I need to go on a website thats not supported on my web browser

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Technology

• The router will not do anything without an internet connection. If it's not supported on your phone, you'll either need to get internet at your house or go to a place where you can get wifi. But the router itself won't give you an internet connection.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I think you need to have an active internet connection/modem before you can use your router. Otherwise we all would just have routers hooked up to our computers.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2011