Anyone with PCOS have any helpful advice for taking off weight?

I have PCOS and if you have that you know it makes you both gain weight and keep it on. On top of that I've been on an anti-depressant that had weight gain as a side effect and if it's a risk I'll gain it.

I am working on taking it off, but I'm not sure what to do other than maybe apply to Biggest Loser? (Just kidding.)

I have been doing a lot of walking, I'm not a desert eater, and I avoid fried foods and bread, but it's not really budging so if anyone had any tips that worked for them I'd love to hear 'em.

jandshyne

Asked by jandshyne at 12:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i have pcos too and it sucks, due to it i am hypoglycemic and it could turn to diabetes.thats what the dr said...so it was hard to loose weight, i lost 50 lbs in the past year and i am trying to keep it off and loose more, all i can say is eat small meals and snacks frequently, snack on fruits and veggies, make light meals and save portions of them for snacks for later. avoid fatty and high carb thingsfor breads i stay away from white bread, i go with rye or pumpernickel or wheat, or instead of a sandwich for lunch i would go with a small wrap with spinach in it..i use alot of spinach lol..if you want something sweet and good, try a cup of apple juice a handful of spinach and different fruits like more apples, strawberrys banna's grapes..whatever and throw it in a blender for a smoothie..you can't taste the spinach in it but it makes for a great snack
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 12:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2011