Grammar police

Does it drive anyone else nuts when people misuse words or misspell? I know it doesn't really matter - that's not the point of this question. Just curious if there are other grammatically correct moms out there. :)

For example, I don't use text speak for the most part. I use LOL or LMAO but I don't substitute u for you or r for are. That takes more time for me. I especially can't stand when people misspell words: rediculous, litterly, dependant, tomarro, etc... or when people switch there, their & they're or your & you're.

Vix920

Asked by Vix920 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• "Just so, I must say, dependant IS the correct spelling during the use as a noun and an adjective."

Actually, it's just a variant spelling that's not widely accepted. You can spell it either way for either part of speech.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If someone writes something out exclusively in textspeak or there are so many spelling errors that I can't figure out what the person is trying to convey, then yes, it bugs me, but I will just skip those posts.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• No but it drives me nut when people feel like its their place to correct other ladies on their spelling and grammar. Why does anyone feel like they have the right to correct someone else's grammar? Just SKIP the question if you don't like it...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'm usually on my phone, but still try to say thing correctly.
    I don't like the not spelling out of words. (U for you)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Prolly! ugh...that's my one and only pet peeve with grammar! IT'S PROBABLY! LOL But I don't correct because I did that once on FB and all of my friends started using that word just because they thought it was "funny" to pick on me.
    nctarheelmom

Answer by nctarheelmom at 12:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Now you know why? Life is too damn short. I have 5 kids and 2 grandkids. I have raised 3 who are responsible adults for the most part. I have one about to turn 18 so I count him as grown. I have an 11 and 6 year old who demand my attention and two grandbabies who are 4 and 2 at my house most days too. So if I want to save time and say u suck, rather than you suck then I will do it.

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Oops there was another grammar mistake I mean No not Now but hey give me a ticket.

Answer by gemgem at 12:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I GOTS GUUD GRAHMER.. I DONTS NO WHATS YOUZ CULD BE TALKINS BOUT.
    Anonymous

• Misusing your and you're really bugs me, as well as saying "I seen it." Everything else doesn't get to me, it is just a testament to their IQ level, IMO.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It bugs me but I've never corrected anyone. My favorite thing is when they misspell the word misspell when the grammar police gets onto someone else - 'Hey lady, your grammer is horrible! You mispelled that word!'

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2011