They measure your uterus to tell how far along you are??

Ive been measuring right this whole time but my last appointment i was 32 weeks along but measuring 34 inches? Could that just mean my baby is growing fast or could i be farther along than i thought? This confuses me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's approximate. I measured ahead much of my pregnancy, and delivered 3 days early. So who knows? Due dates are approximate, too, so just try to keep that in mind. I know it's impossible, especially if your due date comes and goes and nothing. (fingers crossed that doesn't happen to you!!!) =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There isn't a for sure method to know how far along the baby is in development. When I went in for my 20week ultrasound, the baby measured in as a baby in the 21 week gestation. I'm now 34weeks but I often wonder if my baby has continued on the path of being a week ahead of schedule or if he has slowed down. Just be prepared a few weeks early if you think your baby might be on the earlier development path.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• its not exact and also remember the 2wks rule, you could be 2wks before your due date or two weeks after
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i agree with Shannon85....there is the 2 week rule
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2008