Christian Moms Please. How many of you believe that each one of your children has a purpose in the Kingdom of God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes of course because the word says I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. You can see the gifts in your children and we have to nourish it.
    sispat

Answer by sispat at 9:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You might not call me "Christian" by your definition (whatever it is) but I consider myself Christian because I believe Christ was the Son of God.

So I'll play.

EVERY one of us has a purpose. EVERYONE. The trick is figuring out just what our role is.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Peronally as the OP: I'm sure that was is a preacher, and the other three are praise and worship leaders. I pray over my children and ask God to use them. When I'm not looking I find them playing church and they are all in their little positions for church. How amazing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• When I say everyone, that means my son too! But what is it? I don't know yet. Heck, I'm not certain I've really figured out MINE and I'm middle-aged.

And I do consider myself a believer. But to me the message is really really simple. "Love one another as I have loved you." That's it, end of story. How to express that love...that's our individual purpose, and each one of us will do it differently using our unique God-given talents. That's why I don't yet know what my son's purpose is.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'll pray that God gives you more vision for your life and your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sorry that you feel I am shutting people out. For those of us that have followed the scripture. "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord" We have sold out to do nothing more but to serve Christ in every aspect of our life. Wherever life finds us we will be doing God Service even as far as parenting. If you ask God what the specific will is for your child's life he will show you and you will have the responsibility to give him the appetite in that area of service. For example If I feel my son is called to be a praise and worship leader. I make sure he gets instrumental lessons of his choice and put him in the choir. Right now for him it is fun but when he gets to the age of accountability it will be a natural desire for him and it will become his spiritual duty. Sorry if they are any typos its late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I believe 100% that my children have a role to play in the kingdom of God. I also don't presume to know what that role is - it's God's kingdom, not mine. I just do my best to raise them to be good, honest, loving people who have a strong faith (yes, I know there are honest and good people who are not Christians, as well, but I am raising my children in my faith, so...)

If I do that, then I don't need to know what role they're intended to play in God's kingdom, because God will use them as His will determines, and because He will reveal that will to them (the kids themselves).

I hope I've been able to put what I'm trying to say here in a way that makes sense, it's been a long day here... :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I hear God's voice quite clear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I believe if you ask him he will tell you and it is your responsibility as mom to prepare him. Just like you prepare him for any other aspect of his/her life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ah! Then we are more on the same page than you might think. I believe God's plan for our children evidences itself in their interests and talents...and our job as parents is to encourage them in that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2008