Do you peek in on your kids at night?

Every night, I go in and check on the kids before I head to bed. I absolutely love seeing them sleep, and find it adorable when I hear them snoring! I sneak in, give them a kiss, whisper "I love you, baby" and sneak back out. Sometimes in their sleep they will smile or even say it back! ODD even asks every night "You be back to check me later, Mommy?" (she's 2). She can't sleep unless I tell her I'm going to check on her. They all know I do it because if they have a bad dream, I'll comfort them, get them tucked back in, and tell them I will be back to check them later. So they know I do it. They are only 4, 2, and 1. Every time I sneak in, I think of that book I LOVE YOU FOREVER. Because I would totally rock them and cuddle them if I wasn't afraid of waking them up. lol.

Do you check on your kids every night? Or am I just one of those weird moms that do? lol

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do it too! They re so busy during the day, especially my 5yo, he doesn't cuddle anymore. So when he's sleeping it's like he's still my little baby.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Every night and my kids are 17, 14 & 8. Sometimes I don't get to check in on my 17 yr old... we might go to bed at the same time. But I will always sneak a peek andwisper "I Lover You" !
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 12:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Oh yes, I do it with my baby and my teens still. The teens don't know I still do that. lol. My 19 year old was given king size bed by her Aunt. When I went to check on her last night, she looked so very tiny in it. Too sweet.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I do to and they're 17, 12 and 11. They grow up too fast & we're all going in different directions all day. Its nice to see them so peacful.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Mine is just 5, and yes, I do. Although, in reality, he's in my bed anyway, so it's pretty easy
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 1:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes Ma'am I do! Raegan is 7, Kynlee is 5, Noah and Levi are 3 and Micah is 6 days old. I have to check on them or I don't sleep good.
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• if ur wierd then we all are! :-) i peek and pray for mine, even my man gets a peek. and a kiss. :-)
    Susannah19

Answer by Susannah19 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Every night all night. I am somewhat of an insomniac so yea I like to just stand there and look at them. I will even admit to having a good cry a time or 2 cuz they are getting so big so fast. : *(
    WhiteTigerLily

Answer by WhiteTigerLily at 1:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Yes I do. Everytime I get up I check on them. Make sure they are covered or not, depending on the temp, kiss them and whisper in their ear how much they are loved.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Everytime I do I wake mine up, then on days she actually sleeps through the night by herself I wake up panicked and run to her room to make sure she's still breathing
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011