6 wks pregnant question?

I'm 6 wks now and have terrible constipation. Can I take anything? Probably doesn't help that I can't eat fruits or juice because I feel so nauseated. I practically live off dry cereal :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can try a stool softener, I took that my first pregnancy and it was a lifesaver I didn't take it all the time only when I needed to but it did the job it made it come out easier so I wouldn't be straining or pushing
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would talk to a doc before you take anything for it. Try fiber... celery is really good if you can. Warm apple juice if you can. Otherwise ask your doc or try checking webmd. Good luck...I know how much that sucks!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Drink a glass of prune juice. That's what I did & it really works.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• This is EXACTLY what the OVER THE COUNTER MED LIST from my OBGYN says:

Constipation:    

Increasing your dietary fiber to 25 or 30gm per day and drinking 8 to 10 , 8oz glasses of water will help to achieve normal bowel habits. The best way of getting fiber is through your diet. You may also use over the counter Metamucil to increase your fiber intake if you do not get enough in your normal diet. If necessary, over the counter Dulcolax or Miralax may be used as a laxtive.

Anonymous

• A glass of metamucil will do the trick. It's complete fiber.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2011