What can I do for a congested runny nose, violent cough and slight fever?

it's too hot for tea, i don't have any medications except ibuprofen, i have cough drops and have successfully inhaled a couple coughing and my violent cough makes me vomit at the end. no money for anything, i'm blowing my nose into our last roll of toilet paper too.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011 in Health

• Steam or a humidifier will help with the runny nose, you can make the tea and just let it cool add some honey the honey will soothe your throat do you have a handkerchief to use to blow your nose instead of the tissue
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Do you have any chicken broth or boullion? Even though it is hot tea will help you...
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• To break up mucus, try laying on your back and taping on your chest with three fingers, I learned this trick in yoga. I know its hot, but the best thing I did for a bad cold n cough was take a super hot shower, the steam help so much. Maybe you could rinse off with cool water? Breaking up mucus will make you cough, but its getting the stuff out so you will end up coughing less. I hope you feel better!!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Well, I would drink the hot tea & add honey into it. I would take the ibuprofen every 3-4 hours and I will try a saline nose spray and eat the cough drops when you feel you need to. REST also the best you can and try and some dayquil if you can get some and steam showers or put your head under a towel and boil some water and breathe that in.
    Best of luck mine lasted way over a month even doing all of those things.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Tablespoon of whiskey with honey.
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 1:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011